Thursday, April 15, 2010

Toy Story Invasion

This week at St.Mary's school it was a beautiful day out. We ended up spending the day outside which made it difficult for our colleuges to teach the gym activities that were planned but they made the best with what they had and changed their environment to fit the kid's needs. The Toy Story theme was successful. I noticed when the kids in the cafeteria were given a choice to watch a random movie or Toy Story and when they all choce Toy Story I knew that it was because we had put it into their heads with all of the fun we had that day. I was with the pre-k for the most part which ment a lot of running around and playing pretend but it was so much fun and I would do it over and over again even though it completely wore me out. The pre-k never stopped moving and were always down to do something. I proposed the game "red light, green light" but it turned into what time is it "Mr. Fox". The toy story theme continued when they went inside for snack time. While they were finishing up with their snack we read a couple Toy Story books to them. After that we headed downstairs to the cafeteria to share the exer-games with the pre-k and suprisingly they loved them. I thought they wouldn't catch on but they did and it was so much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment